The Help Our Students Travel (HOST) program (formerly Residency Interview Hosting) matches our fourth-year medical students with medical alumni during their residency interviews. Hosting a student during his or her visit to your area not only helps defray the financial burden of the residency search, it connects the student to a source of knowledge about a community in which s/he may end up practicing. Hosts are needed throughout the country from October-January.
- More than 100 hosting requests were received by students last year.
- Alumni volunteers helped us fulfill 84 percent of hosting requests from students.
- The top cities where hosts were requested include: Boston, Los Angeles, and New York City.
- We need particular help finding hosts in these cities: New Haven, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.
- More than 400 alumni have volunteered to host students in the past three years!